Department of Mathematics
Minor in Mathematics
Why a Minor in Mathematics?
Mathematics is central to life in a technological world. We invite you to explore the wonder and beauty of mathematics with us! Our department is an exciting, friendly, and supportive environment where you will find a strong sense of community among our faculty and students.
The minor requires 20 units in mathematics that includes a minimum of 6 units of residential and upper division mathematics classes.
Select from MATH 75 (or 75B), 76, 77, 81
And a minimum of any two classes (at least 6 units) from:
- General Math: 111, 143, 145, 149, 152, 161, 165, 192
- Pure Math: 114, 116, 118, 151, 171, 172
- Statistics: 101, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
- Applied Math: 121, 122, 123, 128, 181, 182
A flyer with this information is available: Mathematics Minor Information Flyer
- Students cannot receive credit for both MATH 101 and MATH 102 towards the Mathematics Minor.
- All courses in the Mathematics Minor must be taken for a letter grade. CR/NC grading is not acceptable.
- The Mathematics Minor also requires a 2.0 GPA and 6 upper-division units in residence.
We also offer a Minor in Statistics!
For information on this, please check out Minor in Statistics.
How to add a minor:
Please go to the Advising and Resources Center (ARC), located in the Science I building, room 136 or please call 278-4150.
*Due to COVID-19, the CSM ARC will be meeting with students via ZOOM. Please visit their website to schedule an appointment.