Department of Psychology
- Make an appointment with an adviser to discuss course and career preparation by calling the Psychology Department Office at (559) 278-2691 or stopping by the office in S2 312.
- Complete any remedial English or Math requirements immediately.
- Take courses that meet the lower-division requirements of GENERAL EDUCATION. (GE handouts are available in the Psychology Department Office, S2 312).
- Take Psych 10 (Introduction to Psychology) your second semester.
- Look into the Career Development and Employment Service. This service allows the student to explore possible career interests and to implement a work study program while pursuing a degree. A handout describing volunteer opportunities is available in the Psychology Advising Office. Having had volunteer experiences can be helpful later when you apply for jobs.
- Attend job information fairs held on campus (check Career Services Calenar of Events for more information).
- *Join PSU (Psychology Student Union). The form (PSI CHI application) can be found in the Psychology Department Office, S2 312.
- *Attend all Psychology Department colloquia.