Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Choi Research GroupWebsite:
Areas of Research
The research interests of the Choi group include the synthesis, characterization, and functionalization of metallic nanomaterials, which can be utilized for electrocatalysts and sensing materials. Our approaches are engaged in the interface of electrochemistry, analytical chemistry, and materials science, in order to understand the fundamental characteristics of nanomaterials and to design a wide variety of their applications.
- Choi, J. –P.; Fields-Zinna, C. A.; Stiles, R. L.; Balasubramanian, R.; Douglas, A. C.; Crowe, M. C.; Murray, R. W. "Reactivity of [Au25(SCH2CH2Ph)18]1− Nanoparticles with Metal Ions" J. Phys. Chem. C 2010, 114, 15890-15896.
- Parker, J. F.; Choi, J. –P.; Wang, W.; Murray, R. W. “Electron Self-exchange Dynamics of the Nanoparticle Couple [Au25(SC2Ph)18]0/1- by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Line-Broadening.” J Phys. Chem. C 2008, 112, 13976-13981.
- Tracy, J. B.; Kalyuzhny, G.; Crowe, M. C.; Balasubramanian, R.; Choi, J. –P.; Murray, R. W. “Poly(ethylene glycol) Ligands for High-Resolution Nanoparticle Mass Spectrometry.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 6706-6707.
- Choi, J. –P.; Coble, M. M.; Branham, M. R.; DeSimone, J. M.; Murray, R. W. “Dynamics of CO2-Plasticized Electron Transport in Au Nanoparticle Films: Opposing Effects of Tunneling Distance and Local Site Mobility.” J. Phys. Chem. C 2007, 111, 3778-3785.
- Wang, G.; Guo, R.; Kalyuzhni, G.; Choi, J. –P.; Murray, R. W. “NIR Luminescence Intensities Increase Linearly with Proportion of Polar Thiolate Ligands in Protecting Monolayers of Au38 and Au140 Quantum Dots.” J. Phys. Chem. B 2006, 110, 20282-20289.
- Choi, J. –P.; Wang, X.; Patel, A.; Dai, S. “Electrochemically Switchable Ion-Permeability of Meso-Porous Carbon Membrane.” 2010 Society of Western Analytical Professors (SWAP) Meeting, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, February (2010)
- Choi, J. –P.; Ikeda, A.; On, M. “Electrochemical and Electron Transport Properties of Au25 Nanoparticles: Effect of Nanoparticle Surface Surroundings.” 215th Electrochemical Society National Meeting, San Francisco, CA May (2009).
- Choi, J. –P. “Electron Transport Optical Transport Properties of Au25 Nanoparticles.” 2009 Society of Western Analytical Professors (SWAP) Meeting, San Jose State Univeristy, San Jose, CA, January (2009)
- Choi, J. –P.; Balasubramanian, R.; Murray, R. W. “Electrochemical and optical properties of 1.1 nm-sized gold nanoparticles dissolved in the aqueous solutions.” 213th Electrochemical Society National Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, May (2008).