College of Science and Mathematics
Finding Bounty and Balance
at a Comprehensive University
July 15-20, 2018
What is it?
A week-long workshop designed to provide practical training and sharpen skills for those aiming to find faculty positions in the near future. This workshop is designed for advanced doctoral students and post-doctoral scholars.
High Impact Practices (HIP) Bootcamp
- High Impact Practices for teaching STEM
- Balancing teaching and research at a Comprehensive University
- Grant getting at a Comprehensive University
- Preparing for an interview
- Work-life balance and more!
- Sharpen your vita and interviewing skills
- Experience best practices in effective teaching and the best ways to combine research with teaching
- Small group sessions and one-on-one meetings with your chosen mentor and specialists
- Keynote speaker Brad Goodner, Professor of Biology, Edward J. Smerek Endowed Chair
in Mathematics, the Sciences & Technology, Director, Center for Scientific Engagement,
Funding by a grant from the California State University Chancellor's Office, with the aim of enhancing faculty preparedness and faculty diversity. We particularly encourage groups under-represented in STEM to apply.