Department of Biology
For up-to-date information about tuition and fees, go to the CSU Fresno catalog: http://www.fresnostate.edu/catalog/academic-regulations/fees.html
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- The Professional Science Master's in Biotechnology at Fresno State is proud to offer a limited number of scholarships and tuition waivers for new and current graduate students in our program.
- No separate application is required to be eligible for scholarships within our graduate program. Scholarships and tuition waivers are awarded by the Admissions Committee after applications have been reviewed.
- For more information about financial assistance for graduate students, please visit the Graduate Studies website: http://www.fresnostate.edu/gradstudies/financial/
- For information about university-wide scholarships, please visit the University Scholarships website: http://www.fresnostate.edu/scholarships/
- For information about federal grants and loans to domestic students, please visit the Financial Aid Office website: http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/programs/financialaid/
Teaching Assistantships (TAships)
- A limited number of teaching assistantships are available each semester. If you are a M.Bt. student at Fresno State, you are eligible to apply for teaching assistantships in the Biology Department. As a TA, you will assist a professor with lab instruction of a lower-division undergraduate course. This can involve teaching, grading, and other duties.
- Teaching assistantships typically cover the costs of tuition and fees along with some money to assist with housing and living expenses.
- Please contact the Biology Department Office for an application and current pay rate information. The Biology Department Office phone: 559-278-2001
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee financial support or teaching assistantships to all of our graduate students. Enrolled students may have a combination of scholarships, TAships, and loans to pay for their graduate education over the course of the two-year program.