Bridges to Doctorate Program
California State University, Fresno
- Dr. Krish Krishnan, Chair, Program Director, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Joy Goto, Interim Dean of Division of Research & Graduate Studies; Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Jason Bush, Chair, Biology
- Dr. Alam Hasson, Associate Dean, CSM
- Dr. Alejandro Calderon-Urrea, Graduate Coordinator, Biotechnology; Biology
Bridges Program Manager
Mrs. Lilia DeLaCerda, MPH
- Office: Science 1 Room 101
- Phone: 559.278.5748
- Email: email@example.com
Bridges Program Coordinator
Ms. Brandy R. White (Murray), MS
- Office: Science 1 Room 101
- Phone: 559.278.6679
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell biology
- Cancer biology
- Molecular biology
- Biomedical research
- Neuroethology and neurobiology
- Adaptive behaviors and neural plasticity
- Insect cognition
- Behavior and neural mechanisms underlying spatial processing, learning and memory, and navigation
- Biomechanics of animal locomotion
- Fish swimming, animal flight, biofluid mechanics
- Ontogenetic development of locomotion
- Biochemical implications of ontogenetic development and niche shifts in aquatic organisms
- Science communication
For more information, contact Dr. Ulrike Muller.
- Microbial pathogenesis
- Microbial metabolism
- Antimicrobial resistance/tolerance
- Avian microbiota
- Structure, function, and physiological impact of microbial environmental sensor proteins
- Molecular engineering of microbial transcription factors
- Functional genomics of microbial virulence factors
- Development of macrolide-based microtubule stabilizing agents for the treatment of multi-drug resistant cancer
- Development of improved analogs of natural dietary products for the treatment of advanced metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
For more information, contact Dr. Qiao-Hong Chen.
- Metal and semiconductor nanoparticles
- Electrocatalysis for fuel cells
- Electrogenerated chemiluminescence, electron transport, and molecular spectroscopy
- Electron or energy transfer between donors and acceptors in the molecular and nanoparticle systems
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - Parkinsonism dementia complex (ALS-PDC): Proteomic, electrophysiological and behavioral approach
- Interaction of specific proteins involved in the abnormal proteolytic processing in Alzheimer's disease
- Oxidative stress and transition metal ion homeostasis investigations in fruit flies as a model of aging
For more information, contact Dr. Joy Goto.
- Building peptidomimetic biomolecules (peptoids, peptomers) and investigating their potential to function as biomaterial, therapeutics and sensors.
- Design solid-phase bound catalysts for asymmetric allylic alkylation.
- A two-prong approach on remediation of waste water by growing algae and subsequently screening their oil content for biodiesel.
For more information contact: Dr. Kalyani Maitra.
- Develop new reactions and strategies for organic synthesis.
- Free radical-mediated reactions
- Processes at the intersections of chemistry with biology and material science
- Utilization of protein cages as platforms for making functional nanoparticles
- Construction of three-dimensional array materials self-assembled form protein building blocks
For more information, contact Dr. Masaki Uchida.
- Judgment and decision making
- Risk communication and judgment
- Informal quantitative reasoning
- Social and health-related judgment
For more information, contact Dr. Paul Price.