Advising and Resources Center
Meet With an Advisor
Update for September 15, 2023 - (likely) May 2024:
Due to Science 1 Construction, the front desk of the Advising and Resources Center will move to McLane Annex 6, just
north of McLane Hall.
All Advising Appointments will be set as virtual until further notice. We are sorry about the inconvenience!
Contact Information: Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 559.278.4150
All Advising Drop-Ins will be held virtually via Zoom (or phone). Information regarding our virtual Advising Drop-Ins can be found below.
- Creating an Academic Plan
- Updating a previously created academic plan
- Clearing Mandatory Advising holds
- Note: We contact students with Probation, Freshman Advising, and Transfer Advising Holds directly. Please do not ask for these appointments. Instead, check your email for further information if one of these holds applies to you.
- If we run out of appointment availability, you will be able to clear these during Zoom Drop-In Advising Sessions
- Returning/Readmitted students
- Major/Minor changes within CSM
- Graduation check
- Class registration questions
- Petition questions
- Change of Grading Basis questions
- Review of pre-professional requirements (no academic planning)
- Quick questions
Virtual Drop-in Advising Dates
“Drop-In” Advising will be held via Zoom. Our virtual drop-ins are typically held every Wednesday and are meant for quick questions only.
Fall 2023 Zoom "Drop-In" Days and Times:
- Every Wednesday (August 23rd - December 6th): 9-11am and 1:30-4pm
- Exception: Wednesday, November 29th: No morning drop-ins (Only 1:30-4pm)
Important Information Regarding Drop-Ins:
Beginning at 8am each "drop-in" day, sign up for our Zoom Drop-Ins using this Google Form. You must use your Fresno State email address to sign up for drop-ins. This form is NOT open before 8am on a drop-in day, and is subject to close early without notice.
- You will be provided with the Zoom link after completing your submission. You can also call into a zoom session if video does not work for you.
- No first-time academic planning, or extensive plan updates will be handled during our “Drop-In” days. You must schedule an appointment.
- We cannot see incoming Fall 2023 Freshman or Transfer students prior to their Dog Day.
- "Drop-Ins" are a first-come, first-served basis. Due to a high number of students requesting advising services, wait times may be long.