Health Careers Opportunity Program
GOAL: For admissions committee members to understand who you are as a person and why you have chosen your selected profession.
Please follow the character count the professional application system has provided.
Should address the following:
- Your motivation for professional school
- Your story – what makes you unique
- Your qualifications and experiences
Be honest! If you lie or exaggerate about an experience, you may find yourself in an awkward position when asked in an interview to describe.
Take time to do the following:
- Prepare and gather information to include (e.g., your resume, journal, etc)
- Review and proofread
- Get feedback from the Health Professions Advising Office, Career Center, and/or Writing center
On Campus Resources
If you would like assistance with writing your personal statement, the following on-campus resources are available:
The Fresno State Writing Center
To schedule an appointment please visit the Writing Center’s website https://fresnostate.edu/artshum/writingcenter/ or call the Writing Center at (559) 278-0334.
Career Development Center:
Please visit the Career Center’s website for additional information http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/careers/
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Riley, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org