Health Careers Opportunity Program
How WE Change Lives
Each year, the Health Careers Opportunity Program serves nearly 200 Fresno State students who are engaged in addressing the growing health needs of communities. For our students, HCOP is more than just a place to learn about health careers, it’s a place where lives are changed, where students receive necessary and on-going academic support, guidance and opportunities to become aspiring health professionals.
HCOP connects students with fundamental resources to overcome their emotional, educational, financial and social challenges. Dedicated faculty, staff, students and the community provide a personal touch in helping each student reach their journey. Through our many success stories, we have great confidence that our program is making a difference in the lives of our students and the communities in which they serve.
- Coordination with campus pre-health advising services
- Pre-Health conferences
- Health professional school site visits
- Health professional application assistance
- Professional development workshops
- Information regarding research opportunities
- Collaboration with pre-health campus clubs